Bathroom remodels projects can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand. The price tag alone can determine the amount of work involved. It’s also important to consider what to avoid when planning a bathroom remodel. The following are some tips to keep in mind while planning a remodel that can help you save money as you consider the most popular bathroom renovation trends.
Save Money on Your Dream Bathroom Today
– Choose a bathroom remodel contractor who has been in the business for at least five years. The longer a contractor has been in business, the more experience he or she has in working with homeowners like you. This means they should be more than willing to work with you. Don’t hire just anyone in an attempt to save money. Make sure they have a proven track record of satisfied customers and they have at least five days of notice before they arrive to begin work.
– Know your budget before beginning the process. Your remodeling plans will go more smoothly if you have a solid idea of how much money you want to spend. Your estimate will help a contractor provide a realistic cost for their services. Don’t set a budget without first knowing how much you can afford. This will prevent you from overspending on certain items or not getting the extras that you wanted; it is a smart way to save money and still get what you want and need.
– Don’t assume that your new bathroom remodel will require one week or one day of work. Most contractors require at least three to four days of work before they start. The amount of time varies depending on the complexity of the design and the contractor’s rate for the labor. Estimate approximately four to six weeks for the total time of the project, including the time spent doing labor.
– You can save money by doing some of the work yourself. Most homeowners think that it would be expensive to hire workers for an entire bathroom remodel. Doing some of the work yourself will actually save you money. By doing some of the remodelings yourself, you get to choose materials that you like at a lower price. This will also allow you to do more of the work yourself, which increases your chances of doing a better job.
– Consider the cost of hiring a professional to remodel your bathroom if you are on a tight budget. Professional bathroom remodels costs vary greatly depending on the amount of work involved. If you want to save money, consider doing the majority of the work yourself and hiring a contractor who charges by the hour. In this manner, you can have the best option to save money as you budget for remodeling costs.
– Examine your current plumbing and electrical fixtures as part of the bathroom remodel planning process. Most homeowners over-hire a plumber or electrician when preparing a budget for a renovation. While hiring these professionals can be expensive, they do offer some benefits, such as free estimates and fixtures. It is important that you find the best plumber or electrician to renovate your bathroom. You can always check with your insurance company or your trusted contractor’s references to make sure you find a reliable contractor.
These tips should help you have a good start when preparing a bathroom remodel budget and help you find ways to save money without giving up all of your dream bathroom features. If you wish to have a custom, one-of-a-kind bathroom remodel, it may be a good idea to find a home improvement expert who has designed custom homes in your area before. Although it will be more expensive to hire such a professional, it may be well worth the extra cost. In addition, if you choose a professional with experience, you know that your bathroom remodel will be done professionally and on time.
One of the biggest expenses for any home improvement project is getting all the supplies. If you are doing a bathroom remodel on a budget, the first thing you need to get for your new bathroom is a new toilet and/or tile tub. The toilet and/or tile tub must be made from long-lasting materials and have an anti-microbial lining to prevent odor. Having a new toilet and/or tile tub will also help make your bathroom remodel project less expensive. If you choose to put in a new toilet and/or tile tub, you may also wish to install a new, energy-efficient toilet and flooring as part of your bathroom remodel.
A great tip to save money on your bathroom remodel is to get quotes from at least three different contractors ahead of time. Getting price quotes can be done right online by visiting Open House Products. By contacting a contractor ahead of time, you avoid having to set up a sit-and-talk with them. They can give you an idea of what they will charge for certain things like plumbing fixtures, flooring, paint, tile, and other items. Not only does this allow you to get an accurate price quote, but it also gives you the opportunity to negotiate with a contractor.
Finally, another way that you can save money on a bathroom remodel is to locate the fixtures and other items before construction begins. Sometimes, depending on the complexity of the renovation, homeowners will need to buy plumbing and other items prior to renovations begin. This not only saves the homeowner money but also allows the contractor to find the best supplies for the job ahead of time. If you do locate items prior to construction, they will likely be less expensive and you may even be able to trade them in with other vendors during the renovation process.
Contact Sheiner Construction today for even more tips and personalized options to help you save money.